What are you doing today?

My kids want to go to the beach, but I have to wait til later in the day, I have skin cancer and avoid certain hours.

Anyone have any indoor ideas? We are all malled out and our museum has nothing new:(

kerryket

Asked by kerryket at 12:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• Today, I'm supposed to go finish setting up my daughter to go to daycare in two weeks, but my mom is sick so I will put that off til after naptime.
    And, my brother just called and said he needs me to go pick up a part for his jeep. So that will have to happen after nap time too.

And, I need to clean my entire house b/c yesterday I was just not in the mood.

Indoor activities: Maybe y'all can put on a play??! Or put some music on and dance around the house : )
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Chores.
    we went to the lake all day on saturday. took sunday as a rest day and now we have LOTS of housework to do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We are cleaning - our plan had been to spend a few hours in the garden but we had a small t-storm pass through earlier - dumped about 2 inches on us in a little over half an hour. So, we're getting caught up on housework, dishes, laundry, etc instead. Not leaving the house, we were gone all weekend for a family reunion!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm at work... surfing CM on my lunch break. Oh so exciting.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ending up making a WIC appt, taking my baby to get shots, making a dental appointment with my oldest, grabbing a couple things at the store, and cooking. Nothing exciting. Does your mall have an indoor play area? Some days when I can't take the heat or it's rainy I take my kids there. Sorry to hear about your skin cancer mama.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We did go to the beach, went through the music library and listened to EVERY genre :) My son gave us a piano concert, we had fun.
    kerryket

Comment by kerryket (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yeah skin cancer sucks, so does MOHS, I have lots to go unfortunately:(
    each surgery is different as no one knows how much flesh has to go, or how much reconstruction is needed.
    I was never a sun worshipped, though I loved the outdoors, hiked, traveled and swam a lot. My scary spot is on my eye and I have been turned down by the last specialist. My MOHs surgeon has done an excellent job but he cannot do this one:(
    I hate seeing these kids by the pool soaking up the rays, it's not worth it!
    kerryket

Comment by kerryket (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010