How do you get motivated?!

The kids went down for a nap..... how do you get motivated to clean instead of take a little time for R&R?

angeladh82

Asked by angeladh82 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Actually, I take a little time for R&R and then I am ready to clean. I take a cat nap, have a cup of coffee, maybe put on some music and do one room at a time going from one corner to the next.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with manna1qd -- I take that time to recoup/decompress. I need my downtime. But what you could do is put on some good music -- stuff that makes you want to get up and move (dance).
    Anonymous

• I say take some time for yourself you can involve you child when you clean if you keep up with your chores then you don't have to clean as much if they are old enough have them help if they are still infants then put then in a walker of a swing you can multi task you need time for yourself never forget that mom matters to....put some music that you child likes on dance while you clean it will amuse them.

JJMOM0515

Answer by JJMOM0515 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I use the flylady system, so all of my cleaning is done by lunch time. If I want to take a little rest then I can after lunch, if not then I have time for other projects. www.flylady.com
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 9:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2008