My 3 year old is having difficult time falling asleep by himself, What is the best way I can help him?

We tried reading books, until he falls alseep, didn't work he didn't fall asleep, on night we read for 2.50 hrs. We tried soft music it worked for the 1st night but 2nd night and after that not so good.

samwozniak

Asked by samwozniak at 12:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he still napping during the day? Is he getting upset or getting out of bed ? What type of things is he doing and how long is it lasting?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my 3 year old has the same schedule as her brother who is 8 so she would be getting up early and she rarely took a nap and then she would go to bed when he did and that helped cause she was so tired it didnt take long. I also have a night light in their room by thier bed and as long as they stay in bed and are quiet they could do whatever. My son has his matchbox cars or a book and my daughter will have a book or her littlest pet shop toy
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010