How to stop co sleeping

I feel like I ask sleep questions all the time, haha! my daughter is 20 months old. She starts off in her crib when she goes to bed but then wakes up crying at midnight or so and comes and sleeps with us. This has been going on for months now. I think she's old enough to stay the whole night in her crib. How do I make this transition? Any ideas will help! Thanks!

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to comfort her when she wakes up and put her back into her own bed. I had this same problem when I was teaching my son to sleep in his own bed (at 1 yr old) It wasn't fun and took about a week of sleepless nights. If you are consistent it will work. My son is now 18months and sleep 10-12 hrs a night in his own bed. The book "The no-cry sleep solution" also has some good tips on stopping co-sleeping.
    Good luck !
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I've also read the no-cry sleep solution. It sounds easy enough but I haven't been consistent enough with it to see if it works. Good luck!
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010