My 2.5 yr old and 1.5- Binkies?

I want to break my 2.5 and 1.5 year olds of the binkies. I believe they dont need them anymore but any suggestions on how? THey only have them at nap time and bedtime but both are super attatched.

blroberts4

Asked by blroberts4 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take them away at nap time first and then take it away at bedtime. With my son it was summer and he kept loosing them and I quit buying them so eventually there were no more and with my daughter I cut holes in them and she didnt like them so she told me they were broke so I showed her the holes and said yep broke gotta throw them away and she threw them away and when she would ask I reminded her she threw them away
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 1:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Cutting a small hole in it sounds like a good idea. They will not like it and maybe they will throw them a way.
    Also just say I can not find it here hold this bear or toy and take your nap. All three of my children threw them a way on there own at about 1. 2 of them threw there bottles away so I said no more.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We used a binky with our youngest son. As soon as he reached a year old we "lost" it. He got a big boy treat for doing so well without it.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 4:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would just have them quit cold turkey on a weekend when I would have my husband's help. That would be tough with 2 at once, but I know it has worked well for my nephew, and it is what I plan to do with my daughter. Just make sure you don't give in, whatever you decide, stick to it!!
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 4:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• go cold turkey. my son used his for only naptime and bedtime mostly for the first year. when he turned a year, i took them and him to the garbage. i told him he was a big boy and didnt need them anymore. we threw them away (i wanted him to see me do it) and that was that. he napped that day without a peep, and fussed for maybe 2 minutes that night for bed. i couldnt believe it honestly, its was so easy.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If they are "super attached", why take them away? Why not let them have that comfort? I would suggest limiting it to bedtimes, but you are already doing that.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010