Is anyone else sick of the Christian bashing on here?

I'm a Universalist, and I have not been personally offended by any of this bashing, but I think it's getting ridiculous. I see constant rude posts directed towards Christians. Yes, some Christians fit the stereotypes, but the majority DON'T and I don't understand why the Christians on Cafemom constantly have to defend themselves. They don't ALL shove their beliefs in your face. They have a right to what they believe in. I don't see bashing of other religions even CLOSE to the amount that I see it happen with Christianity. At least...not on here. So, why is it? Why is it that some of you are SO against Christianity, without even personally knowing the Christian?

This is just an observation I've made with some moms on here, so if it doesn't apply to you, don't take offense.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• it does bother me. I get tired of saying, I don't believe that. You are judging me, too, and it's not fair.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Keep in mind...most Christians take debating and challenging an opinion(especially when it is founded on the bible) as bashing. Non-christians are not in the case I mentioned. Also, why is when christians question science....it is okay. But if one questions the existence of God, christians get all up in arms and feel insulted.

There is nothing wrong with being a christian( I am one). But I also realize not everyone agrees with me, my opinion is not universal, we do not base laws on religion, and finally we are NOT a christian nation.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Seems to be the *In* thing to do!

Check out the media, when controversial statements are made against certain groups, there is a demand for an immediate apology. When anti-Christian sentiments flow from the media, there is barely a squeek.
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 1:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm more tired of the bashing in general... Every subject on here has someone bashing someone else... And it's just ridiculous! If you don't have anything decent to say... Shut your mouth!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

Agreed.

There's a difference between "bashing" and disagreeing.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have been the recipient of many christians bashing me, even after this ocuring I respect their believes, but do not come to me to judge me on mine, the bashing comes with all the bad apples within the faith. I do agree with you that all not all mean and hateful, but some seem to get carried away and take their faith to extremes which is always a bad thing in anything you do.
    I do not generalize them all in one lump group, I have very many Chistians friends who fit the mold of a good christian and although we don't always agree they have goodness in their hearts, that is all I need to know.
    When you have a strong belief on something it should apply to those who believe like you and not judge others who don't.
    Bashing goes on in here 24/7 too many women too many different beliefs, and an excess of hormones!.

Answer by older at 1:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm just going to answer according to my own experience in life and not what I have seen on her because honestly, Atheists have been very good to me on here. But with that said, In person, when someone asks me what my belief is and I tell them that I am christian, automatically some atheist out of the wood work wants to bash my belief and start debating with me. When I walk away because my intentions weren't to even debate anything, they get mad and tell me I'm brainwashed or I can't handle the truth. This has happened many times, especially when I was in college. Now unlike a lot of Christians, I just let the person think what they want and I walk away because I hate controversy or arguing. I just hate it. But it does go both ways and non believers bash just as bad as anybody else. I don't care what anybody says. It's human nature to defend what we believe in.

BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You just compared someone who disagrees with you to a rapist and it's the Christians who are being bashed? Seriously?

Nope. But you are welcome to twist it as you like.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I see some. I also see a lot of the reverse. Although I'm no longer a Christian, when I was, the most hateful things said to me were by other Christians. What I mostly see is a lot of people disagreeing with what some Christians have said and/or their delivery of what they have said.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Most Christians consider any opinion that differs from their own as an attack, so they begin and perpetuate a vicious cycle.  Why do you think atheists and pagansget along so well?  Because neither criticizes, judges or proselytises.  We have a live and let live attitude.  Christians always push, push, push and then wonder why we push back.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010