Co-Sleepers

Do you go to bed at the same time as your child? Or do you lay them down in your bed to fall asleep and go to bed later?

Always curious how this worked! I was never able to cosleep because my kid never slept.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• A lot of the time I fall asleep nursing my daughter down. It was the same with my three sons. But if I'm awake after they fall asleep, I usually get up for a while and just stay within earshot. :) Having coslept with four kids, I definitely think it's the way to go. (It also helps that we have a king bed. lol) My two youngest (3.5 and 2) sleep with me right now.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 1:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I co-sleep with my children because when they were young it was the only way to get them to sleep for more than two hours!
    I would usually start them in a bassinet next to the bed and then go to bed a little later. When they wake up after I've gone to bed I bring the baby into the bed with me to nurse and sleep the rest of the night. It's a precious time that I cherish and I'm sad when they get older and need to start sleeping on their own. (Usually around 6-8months they start to sleep longer if they have their own space) It's SO nice to wake up next to a sleeping baby :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sorry never co-slept. My son is like me...we both need our space. I have a hard time sleeping with Dh in our bed at times.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it depends on the age: when they were babies they went to bed with me or if they were asleep b/f me it was in crib/bassinet and then pulled into bed when woke up ....
    when older (toddler) -- put to bed first, lay with a bit and then went on with life.
    Now (5 and 6) -- gen. don't cosleep unless they come in mid of night OR if they are sick... I just put them to bed and come back when I'm ready...
    I like cosleeping esp. when sick b/c I can feel them so I can sleep w/o freaking out/worrying as much.
    I
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We don't cosleep 100%. My daughter goes to bed in her crib, which we moved to her room from our room at 8 months. Then when she wakes to nurse in the middle of the night (anywhere from about 4-6 AM) then I bring her into our bed, nurse her, and we go back to sleep until about 7:30-8:30 AM.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I put my DD down in our bed at 7:45ish. Once she is asleep I come downstairs and stay up and relax and go to bed when I'm ready. She is 2 1/2 and well she doesn;t care really if I'm there I think she just likes my bed.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010