Have you ever had a moment in life that changed its whole direction?

I was pursuing a degree in Fine Art and I was starting to get frustrated, so I dropped that direction I was going and starting pursuing a degree in Business and am much happier.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In March 2004 my husband of 35 years had a massive stroke. Our children were adults with their own lives/families and retirement was just around the corner, so we were footloose and fancy free. He survived but with severe disabilities. Almost all our plans hopes and dreams were gone. I'm still learning to be thankful for what I have and not cry over what I don't.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yep...January 6, 2009, at about 2 am...I conceived. I knew the moment it happened, and it has changed my life forever...and for the better. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yeah, July 5th, 2004. :-) That's when the line appeared on my home pregnancy test. Once I got over the shock, I was pretty happy. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had a brain tumor removed almost 13 months ago, and my surgery came with a very high perioperative mortality rate. I realized during that time that I wasn't on track to accomplish many of the things that I wanted to accomplish during my life.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes, when my first daughter was born.

Before she was born I would say how I would ONLY breastfeed because that was THE way. I was going to have her as natural as possible because that was THE way. I was going to not give her a passy because they were BAD. I was never going to have a messy house because that was just plain LAZY. Etc, etc etc...

After she was born and during I had to have an emergency c-section because after being in labor for 16 hours she wouldn't move past 7 centimeters... I got the drugs because I thought I might die of pain if I didn't. I am now Pro-Cescarian if it is your choice... either way the kid gets here just as healthy. :) I couldn't produce breastmilk with nay of my children so I am now pro-bottle. My girls got passy's because without them it was pure torture and hell. My son doesn't take one... he hates them so it's whatever. Lol. My house gets uber messy, but my kids are happy! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• August 2004 My first day going to college, I was in a vehicle accident that destroyed my car.After that I went and got a job at McDonalds to help pay for another car and that is when I met my (ex) husband. That one accident changed my whole life.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Some will bash and I don't really care. August 18, 1997 the day I conceived my ds. When I went to bed that night I was a junkie. When I went to bed that night I was an alcholic. When I went to bed that night I smoked up to 3 packs a day. When I woke up on the 19 th I knew something had changed. Seven days later going thru withdrawels the hospital confirmed by blood test what I already knew. I haven't touched drugs or alchol since that night. The night I became a mom.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes, when my son was stillborn and I realized that anything can happen to anyone and that neither myself, my husband, or my children are invincible.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Good for you! I went to Paris by my self. It changed who I am as an adult. I am much more self assured than I was ever before that trip.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Mine probably won't seem as profound as some of the others- but it has made a huge difference in the way our family acts.

In March of '09 our one and only car broke down with a cost of $3000 to repair it. Instead of freaking out, we decided to try a different tactic. Think outside the box, and save up cash to pay for it.

It took us 6 1/2 months to save up to fix that car. 6 1/2 months of walking or biking every where saving every dime etc. And while we could have borrowed money, or gone and gotten a new car with payments- we didn't.

It wasn't the situation as much as what we learned from it. We can stand on our own two feet. We can set a goal and achieve it. It was so empowering for us. And very life changing :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010