Should I keep using diapers or.............

Should I try the Good Nites or Pull-ups for my daughter at night. She's potty trained but I still put a diaper on her at night time and sometimes wakes up with a little bit of pee in her diaper (doesn't happen every night, sometimes it's completely dry the next day). Should I stick with diapers at night or try one of the above? Thanks!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 7:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get some vinyl pants instead...they feel like underwear but have a plastic lining on the outside!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If she doesn't mind the diapers, keep using them. They are cheaper. If she is starting to not want diapers at night, switch to either the pull-ups or the good nights.
    The vinyl pants might work but I've found they leak a lot and they give my daughter a bad diaper rash. I had to stop using them during potty training.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'd keep using the diapers because they're cheaper like the pp said. I had the same experience with vinyl pants. I bought them in his size and they leaked bad and puffed out everywhere, so he couldn't even war clothes with them on! So I bought a size smaller than his normal size and it was the same way...
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 7:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If the diapers aren't bothering her, keep using them until she is dry in the morning. They are much cheaper than PullUps.
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I know it sounds like a hassle but try putting her to bed with underwear. She will wet herself a few times but it will feel uncomfortable and she will start staying dry. I did this with my daughter earlier this year (by advice from a friend) and it worked! It only took about 3 nights. (Do expect to do some laundry). If there's still no success after a week I'd say let her go to sleep with a pull up. It's a lot of work but if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, wake them up and have them sit on the toilet. This will get them in the habit. Also minimize their fluid intake before bed.
    danielleoconn

Answer by danielleoconn at 11:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• We use overnight pants that are washable. My daughter only has 2 pair but because she wets so infrequently we wash them only once a week. Hers are called Nicky or Nicki bedwetter pants. I found them on ebay for $5 a pair. Great investment now that 2 girls have passed them down. Blessings!
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Diapers are ok for night time as long as they fit her.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• overnights
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I might try pull ups feel and learn i found that the kids don't like the sensation they get when its wet maybe she wont like it and learn to not wet herself in the night

JJMOM0515

Answer by JJMOM0515 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• How old is she? My 5 yr old didn't stop wearing diapers to bed until he was 4. My 3 yr old stopped when he was 3. If you continue to put the diaper or pull up on them at night then they think it's okay to still pee in them. (they never did #2 at night) Don't put it on her at all. If she has an accident then tell her it's okay and explain that if she feels like she has to go at night time that she has to get out of the bed and go to the bathroom. (my older two still pee the bed but it's because their too lazy to get out of the bed and they get butt spankings and sent to a time out.) Hope this works for you.
    mom3cutieboyz

Answer by mom3cutieboyz at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2008