What would you do if someone called your child a "cross-breed" and it was at a friends and family gathering?

I wanted to tell the bitch to leave, but my mom said not to waste my energy with it. I'm thinking...well why should I allow some biatch to piss all over my kid after she's been invited over for free food? I didn't even like the bitch, she's a neighbor to my mom. SHe was being fucking rude! Making that comment and then telling everyone that my husband and I got married because he knocked me up, even though we didn't have kids til four years after we got married. What a biatch!

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 1:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Confront her? Ignore it? IDK, I would be irate though, that is for sure.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh yea....we would have had some serious problems. You kept your cool? Wow, you have will power!

That is rude, stupid, ignorant....insert any number of words in there. Probably too stupid for you to teach her anything about your lovely kids, her loss.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd tell my kid to look the other way then punch her. :-)
    But, I've been told I have temper control problems when it comes to defending my daughter.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would either leave or request they do, if i find they do not leave I would confront them once again, my daughter is half white half arabic and when had that issue with my family and I ended up confronting her and everyone heard, now the rest of the family is very angry about the way she treated my daughter
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 1:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I feel so sorry for people like that, because they miss out knowing the children for who they are instead of what they look like on the outside. She probably wasn't worth your time, but I would have been pissed and probably said something back to her, no matter what my mom said.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i would bite her...and be like "oops and must be from cross breeding"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well, she made an ass out of herself, but I'm sure you were/are too pissed to take any comfort in that. You could have told her that 'cross breed's' are healthier. That's an ugly term. But, you could have told her that, in a snotty, uppity sort of way. I probably, I WOULD have made an ass out of MYSELF, mom's neighbor or not, had that been me. What a bitch, was she drinking? On something? She had to have been, to say something like that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I did say something to her. I said, "Where are you from, Nazi Germany?" She didn't like it too much. lol
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• There would have definitely been a problem. I wouldn't have kept quiet, I would have gone off that woman. She has no right to call your kids any names and she has no right to judge why you and your husband got married. It's none of her business.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd say "Ha,Ha,Ha, coming from YOU? that's a good one" and laugh like you've never laughed before right in her face. You'll make everyone else laugh too. Then run to the toilet like it was soooo funny you had to pee!!! Then I would NEVER put myself in her presence again. Tell your Mom if she is invited, then you will not come.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010