Circumcision. How do you feel about this term?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 1:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is up to the parents to make that desision. If I would have had a son, he would have been circumcised.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm a firm believer in Circumcision... But I feel everyone should make their own INFORMED choice before they have a child...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I didn't have my son done. It's not my decision to alter HIS body. If he gets to his teen years and wants it done,we'll have it done then.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I feel very strongly against it. :) The more I learn the more I hate it. My son is 7 not circumcised.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We do not circumcise.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I feel it is mutilation. It is the boys body part. not mine. I certainly don't want my own lady parts to be cosmetically adjusted and so neither should a boys.

I have two sons. One is not circ'd and one is. Neither of them have ever had a problem.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• what sabrina said
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't cut the tip of my finger off and I sure's hell wouldn't cut the tip of my son's penis off either.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• But see GinNTonic...there are no crevices to clean. That is the biggest misconception about intact penis's EVER.

When family found out we were not Circ' our son...they all panicked...its sort of funny now :) I had aunts telling me how to pull it back and how to wash underneath it everyday....lol.

No need, wash it like a finger, pretty easy. When it retracts...ON ITS OWN TIME...sometimes not until puberty...then you can gently wash rinsing well.....

People think its so complicated.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• How do I feel about the term? Or how do I feel about the act? I feel that it is an unnecessary, outdated surgical procedure. It's not a decision I should be making, because it's not my penis. With the exception of a rare medical reason that it would truly NEED to be done, I strongly advise against it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010