Question about my legs. *Possibly TMI! adult content

Ok, so I'm really heavy now (about 270) and having issues with my inner thighs blistering due to rubbing on my pants while at work. I just started working at a job that requires me to walk about 3 miles a day and during this my legs sweat which makes the pants rub my legs raw. I was almost unable to walk yesterday due to 2 blisters on my inner thighs. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue and if so, how do I help make it better. I am on a diet now and am working hard to lose weight b/c I know that is the best answer, but the pain is right now! I would really love some help/ideas on this. I am at a loss and really don't know what else to do. I've tried powder and cornstarch, but that only helps for about 3 hours and then it's right back to pain. Thank you for your time and sorry if this was tmi! I just need some help desperately!

lilmama121406

Asked by lilmama121406 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• Try wearing panty hose at work. Sheer Energy brand is great. No need for control top. Get them a little bigger then it actually says on the size label on the back of the package. They actually are comfortable once they are on. This will prevent any rubbing on your inner thighs because the hosiery stays put but is smooth so your pants won't rub on you.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree with the panty hose idea

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had heat rash there once or twice and I tried some destitin and it worked for me.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• They have band aids that are made specifically for blisters....those should at least help with the pain for right now.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Buy some biker shorts, they help take moisture away from the skin and are tight enough they don't usually rub. I have an herbal powder recipe that I can message to you if you'd like. It is better than any other powder I've ever used and it's all natural. You can also soak in epsom salt baths after work, this will help you to draw out any sweat or toxins that have been trapped in your skin so that it will heal faster. I've had this many times and I know how insanely painful it is! Best of luck to you!
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 2:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I used to have this chafing too. Instead of bike shorts you might want to wear looser pajama type cotton or knit shorts as underwear since bike shorts might make you too hot. Also powder like Gold Bond Body will work for maintenance once your blisters are closed. You will need some white triple action diaper cream like desatin though if blisters are still open.

I was heavier than you just two months ago and have lost 40 lbs already with LAP-BAND surgery. Maybe it is an option for you as well if you find dieting difficult.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010