One way street???

In most normal healthy (so-Called) "wonderful households", ......and I know these exist. I see that the child will develop a good character and responsible attributes, and even very like-able qualities to most anyone in jobs and get respect back.

But WHYYYYY would a male dad figure with any authoritative role (hypothetically) not keep wanting their son to acquire a good chore role in the man's own home.......
Will it not be the man who will give the punishment to that son when he isn't listening to him barking orders with some FAVOR he wants to get the son to do, just because that father is too lack to do it himself.
But for garbage, or how to wash 1 dish, or scrape a bowl, or even make 1 pancake, .........{ just a bit too dramatic to me that a sane,healthy boy at almost 15 can't do one of these}}
)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just curious...why is this posted in Babies?

And to answer the question, some men think that chores are "wimmin's werk", and some of them were never taught to do the chores themselves, so they don't know how to teach their sons.

I don't know what you could do about the garbage (unless you're talking about his own personal garbage), but for the dishes, you could give him his own set (3 cups,3 plates, 3 bowls, silverware). If he dirties it, he has to clean it. If he doesn't clean it, then it stays dirty, and he can either clean it or eat off a dirty dish. Yeah, it's gross, and really unhygienic, but the alternative is that you're probably going to end up cleaning up after him, and I'm sure you don't want that.

You can apply similar things to other "chores" he should do.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010