Three periods in ONE month?!?!?

I have had my period three times this month! It's been on a week off a week since the begining of July! And I just started AGAIN! Wth? Has anyone ever had this happen? I haven't and I think it's very strange.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• Are you on birth control? It could be hormonal with or without them. I was on BC and had a period for about 18 months. Once I quit taking them, my body regulated out. After DD was born, my hormones wouldn't take the BC.

If you aren't on BC, you need to see the doc. It could be hormones, it could be PCOS, it could be cysts.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yes..i took provera to induce my period and i feel like i've been bleeding forever... i had a period june 12th (about 6 days) started againd june 27th (about 8days) it was very heavy and started again july 20th ..and i'm still bleeding. =( i'm sure its from taking that provera though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm on my second period in less then 2 weeks. My first one this month lasted 10 days then 10 days later I started up again. I think it's because of the depo shot. Maybe if you're on BC it's causing your cycle to go all out of whack
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had this happen when I took the progesterone-only mini pill years ago. I would have 9 day periods, 5 days off, 9 days on, etc. I went like that for months until I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to quit using that pill. Not sure how reversable provera is or even exactly what it is. But I would check with your doc. With this much blood loss, you will get very anemic.
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't understand how something can bleed for 5 days and not die! LoL! Something can be really wrong or is there a reason why you're not going to your doctor? I mean, think of how your husband or boyfriend must feel? Grandma can't stay in town forever!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm not on bc....
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Nikki what a stupid awnser. I'm worried how I feel lol.... And we have an AMAZING sex life teehee
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I feel bad for you. Check with your doctor.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010