How to help my daughter with eczema?

My daughter is 2 we supposely had the chicken pox 3mth ago but we have had break out for the pasted 3mth as well. We thought it could be a flea bit but on animals don't have them. So now they say it's a type of Eczema so I got oatmeal soap and thats all I use does help but still breaking out any ideas.

mjc3

Asked by mjc3 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ask your Doctor if you can use a Hydrocortizone Cream on the effected areas. With her so young I am not sure, but I have one patch of Eczema on my elbow and when it flares up I use that cream and it clears right up.

Also, don't use lotions that are perfumed at all, they can just irritate the area even more.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had to stop using fabric softner, and switch to Tide free detergent and bounce free dryer sheets. I switched her soap to Dove white bar and used Eucurin lotion after bath. It really helped get rid of the rough bumpy skin. On red irritated areas we used hydro-cortizone ointment. like behind the knees and under her elbows
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 7:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• thanks for all of those ideas bad thing is I've done all of that the doctor gave her a cream and a steriod for the real bad areas
    mjc3

Answer by mjc3 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I use Aveeno baby bath on my son and Eucerin Plus. Its has alpha hydroxy. His looks like poison ivy almost. There are so many different kinds of Exzema, but that works best for us.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My now 12 year old has had this since she was a baby. I have used Hydrocortazone (works the best even at 1) use eucerin regularly (to prevent outbreaks) we have also been through several scripts I say they work about as well as the hydrocortazone. Depending on how good your insurance is and RX insurance go to the dr and get a script if that is too expensive go the hydrocortazone route.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my son got exzema when he was about 3 months old and it was pretty bad our doctor nt listen to us when we told her that we thought it was a milk allergin so my son suffered for 6 months before she decided to do anything about it we used hydro cream oatmeal soap but then we went out and bought everything hypoelergenic! and that helped a great deal. lotion wipes diapers milk(formula) soap and laundry detergent also.
    MommaTiana

Answer by MommaTiana at 8:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My daughter will bath in Aveeno Oatmeal...and then I rub on Elidel cream prescribed by the Dr. or this other cream prescribed by her dematologist that works really well is Triamcinolon.
    jennifer_3

Answer by jennifer_3 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• We use scent and dye free laundry soap. We wash him with Dove body wash and use Eucrine (sp?)Cream after every bath. You can put Triple Cream on for a bad flair ups, but it will seem greasy so try to only use it at night or under clothing you don't mind a possible stain on. We have some kind of cream by perscription (no clue what it is) that we use when it's really bad.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Use a&d.......my sister used to have it really bad and this was the only thing that helped her......
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Find somebody who sells arbon products and by the baby soap and lotion. My 3 year old daughter has extremely snsitive skin, everything gave her a rash. My sister in law started selling arbon, we thought it was worth a shot. It works really well on her skin adn hair.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008