Have you been or will you be disappointed if you find out your baby's gender is the opposite you were hoping for?

I know most people will say that they don't care either way or that they are leaning towards a girl or leaning towards a boy but will be happy reguardless, and thats fine, but i was just wondering if there was anyone who was really worried that they wont be happy if they dont get what they wanted or who found out there baby's gender and are now disappointed. I know that if my baby is the opposite of what i wanted i obviously will still love and care for it just like i did with my first baby and i will feel no different about him or her or blame him or her for its gender which obviously would be rediculous but part of me just fears that i will be sad and disappointed and get a little less happy or excited about the baby's arrival. I have one daughter and I really, really, really want a girl. I just can't see myself with a son. If i do have a boy i would like to have one next time opposed to this time what are ur thoughts/storys

rockabell2003

Asked by rockabell2003 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I love my daughter to death, but before I found out she would be a girl, I wanted a boy. I've always heard mental problems are genetic and passed down through family. And every single woman in my family except two are on meds for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, this, that, and a lot of others. The two that aren't on meds (me and my aunt) aren't on them because we don't like medication.
    So, call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first!), but I thought in my hormone-induced mind that if it was a boy, he would be spared all that.
    I was a little disappointed when the U/S showed us a girl, but by the time we walked out of the office, I was happy that there were only two arms, and two legs. :-) And only ONE baby!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• eh i was at first i really wanted a girl but it was a boy but i was just glad the baby was healthy! With my daughter i only got one us and they couldent tell what she was so i went the pregnancy with out knowing! Then when they pulled her out and said it was a girl i was so happy to have one of each!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• With my first pregnancy i was hoping for a boy but it was a girl I was maybe disappointed for a second and they I saw the ultrasound with my sweet baby girl moving round and I didn't care what sex my baby was. For my second iI wanted a boy and I got him but it would have been the same, disappointed for a second then happy that I'm having a baby.

This girl I use to work with had a girl and she was pregnant at the same time I was and she wanted a boy. When she got the gender checked they told her it was a girl. She "fired" that doctor went to a new one and they told her the same. She "fired" that doctor as well and went to a third doctor and yet again they told her the same, a girl. She openly admitted she didn't want another girl and wish she could abort the baby at 20 weeks but there is no late term abortion clinic in Seattle. I wanted to rip her eyes out, after that I stop talking to her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes, after 4 boys I finally have a girl. I have 5 boys but my first one I wanted a boy.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• With my first I REALLY wanted a boy and when I found out I was having a girl. I was like oh... a girl.. I was sad but I quickly got over it, this time around I wanted a boy again but not as much as the first time, when they told me it was a girl I was actually really excited! I guess I did want another girl the 2nd time around more than a boy!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Boy or girl either or will be nice. Of course my SO would like for it to be a boy since I plan on not having any more, but he'll be happy either way also.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I already have two little girls so I kind of wanted a boy this time.. but when they told me it's a girl.. I was excited! =)♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd child. I already have a boy(10 yrs) and a girl (17mnths). I really wanted another girl this time. But I knew deep down it was going to be a boy...but I still had hoped for a girl. When I found out it is for sure a boy (they gave me a nice big old ultrasound picture of his penis,lol)..I admit that I was a bit dissapointed. I just have had such a tough time with my oldest son that the thought of raising another boy was draining to me,lol. But here I am...almost 33 weeks and looking forward to our little guy. Over time, the dissapointment will pass. Good Luck. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When we found out i was pregnant again (3rd baby) i was nervous and really wanted to have another girl because we already had all the girl stuff! it would've just been 'easier' for me to have 3 girls, and i was ready for that. everyone kept asking though if we wanted a boy and it got to be really annoying and made me even more anxious to find out the gender. My husband didn't care either way, we just wanted a healthy baby. But when we did the US and found out it was a boy i admit i was disappointed/scared, i've never had a baby boy in my family, well i have two boy nephews but they don't live that close to us and i hadn't really experience caring for a baby boy so i was really uncertain. But my son has turned out to be the best thing ever to happen to me and i love him with all my heart. And it wasn't so big of a difference from having a girl :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have a girl and 2 boys. I would be happy to have another girl, but I think I am good with what I have...
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010