How many of you have 2 sinks in the master bath?

Do you like having 2 sinks what are the benefits?
If you don't have 2 sinks would you want 2?
I have been watching a lot of HGTV and the people on there get really excited if there are 2 sinks and get very disappointed if there are not. We have 2 and frankly I hate it. In fact 1 of the faucets went out about a yr ago and we haven't replaced it I would rather have the counter space I wipe it down and done. It just seems like wasted energy to me to have to clean I already have enough to do. I wish I could take it out but that's money we don't have.
My dh & I are rarely if ever in the bathroom at the same time so it just seems like a bother to me.
Wondering about your thoughts. Thanks

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I know it's the new norm but I don't like it at all. When we remodeled our bathroom, we opted for one sink ... I preferred having the additional counter space.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My husband and I actually have separate vanities w/ sinks, on the other side of the bathroom from each other and it's really, really nice to not have to share cabinet, drawer, and counter space. The only drawback is that it's more to clean, but it's still worth it to me to have as much room as I need for my stuff.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have two and I agree that I am not a huge fan. I mean... it realy just takes up a lot of space.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If I had a big enough bathroom I would like 2 sinks.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 7:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have two sinks. No I don't like it at all. It's just two sinks that need to be cleaned and because of the sinks, I don't have counter space. There are no benefits to having two sinks in our house. I don't need to shower and get ready at the same time as my husband and that would be the ONLY benefit I can see.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have two. I like it. He has his stuff around his sink and I have my stuff around mine.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 3:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have 2 sinks in the master bath, and in the family bath! The down stairs is a half bath, so only 1, but we always use both sinks, thing is I have 2 more sinks than most to clean twice a day...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Our house came with one and we put in a second. We were remodeling the whole thing anyway. Honestly, I would be fine either way as long as if there is just one, there is plenty of counter space.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My mom has two. I liked it when I lived with her. She would use one and I would use the other when my sis took over the other bathroom. If you're both in the bathroom at the same time it can be great. Or you can have his/hers if he likes his "man" space. Or you can use one for one thing, like doing your hair/makeup/etc., and have the other for brushing teeth/hand washing/etc. so you don't cross-contaminate or so the one used more doesn't get say sticky from hairspray.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I mentioned this question to my husband and he says definitely two sinks because he doesn't want to use a sink with a bunch of stuff cluttered around it, which is what my sink is like. haha.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010