You're pregnant with your 3rd child...

~How soon do you have thier bedroom set up for them?
~How soon do you have everything you need for another newborn?
~Do you even bother packing a hospital bag in advance or do you just wait for the signs/symptoms of labor to come along to throw one together?
~Do you spend as much money as you did on the first 2 while you were pregnant?

Just wondering because..I feel like such a slacker this time.
I'm due 7 wks 4 days. I havent set up his room yet.
Don't have everything I need for this little guy yet..but really,dont need much..have a 17 month old so I still have lots...they are just different genders,lol.
Didnt even think about a hospital bag until today.
And I've barely spent any money at all on this guy yet!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, Yes I am! lol
    I'm 19 weeks..
    I have pretty much everything..just cuz ppl gave me stuff! Normally, I would have nothing right about now!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• ~How soon do you have thier bedroom set up for them? I didn't. We were in the process of buying a new house when our 3rd was born. Her room wasn't set up until over a month after she was born.
    ~How soon do you have everything you need for another newborn? I kept all the nice stuff from my first two, so I only needed a few things (diapers, more onesies, etc). I got those within the last 2 weeks.
    ~Do you even bother packing a hospital bag in advance or do you just wait for the signs/symptoms of labor to come along to throw one together? Nope. Packed as I walked out the door.
    ~Do you spend as much money as you did on the first 2 while you were pregnant? Not even close. I kept so much from my previous children, that I didn't need to buy the big things (swing, crib, bouncy seat, etc).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• This is my 5th. We lost our last 2 though and our second was stillborn. I am 26 weeks and we are pretty much ready to go. The nursery just needs the wall decor hung and we need to pick-up a few odds and ends as far as baby products. It's been 6 years since we had a baby and this one is a girl, so we bought everything brand new and started shopping as soon as we found out she was healthy. We definitely spent more money this time. We were both still in college when we had our son, so our financial situations has drastically changed since then.

I won't be packing anything because we are having a homebirth, but I will have everything organized for it by 32 weeks.

Best wishes to you!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• ~How soon do you have thier bedroom set up for them? i started getting everything together around 20 weeks.she now shares a room with me.

~How soon do you have everything you need for another newborn? started buying stuff around 17 weeks when i found out it was a girl.but didnt get everything together untill 39 weeks.

~Do you even bother packing a hospital bag in advance or do you just wait for the signs/symptoms of labor to come along to throw one together? ~even tho i was induced i had a bag packed since 36 weeks since they told me they wouldnt stop my labor if i went into it.

Do you spend as much money as you did on the first 2 while you were pregnant?yes i spent as much time as i could but i was tired and napped alot when i could.

sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am 32wks 1 day prego. with my first son after 2 girls.

~I have all the furniture for his room it will be painted the 2nd week of Aug and I will order his bedding on the 1st.
    ~I started buying things at 6mths I have his crib, bassinet, car seat with stroller, glider, swing, and bouncer.
    ~I have packed travel sized items like toothbrush and etc and I need to go buy pj's, socks, and undies to put in the bag.(I would hate to send my husband home to pack my things and he brings me nothing that I wanted so be prepared)
    ~As for money I don't keep up we just buy everything that is needed if we don't already have it and since I am having a boy this time I had to buy all the clothing.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 3:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i would go ahead and set everything up and get what u need! who knows u could have the baby early! i was all ready to go at like 6 months pregnant but it was our first! i had the hospital bag backed for a month but my hubby had to have that done and he wanted a list of wat last min things i needed too! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My 3rd child is 6 months old tomorrow. He sleeps in a pack n play in the computer room. My other two had nurseries set up just before they were born, but we have a 3 bedroom house with the kids rooms downstairs and I'm not ready for him to be downstairs yet, and in a 3 bedroom house there is no room to set up for him anyway, and my daughter was still using the crib when he was born.
    I had everything else done a few weeks early, the carseat installed and clothes bought. Of course he decided to come 2 weeks late so I was still driving around for a month with an empty carseat, walking past a packed bag everyday wondering when the baby would finally decide to come. I spent a lot less on him, I buy clothes because I love to buy baby clothes and had gotten rid of most of my older son's clothes, but that's all I needed.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well i am pregnant with my 3rd child and I know for a fact I will have my bag packed and ready to go by 30 weeks bc with my 2nd daughter she came 6 weeks early and I had NOTHING ready to go to the hospital. As far as the babys room I my 18 month old is still using the crib so as soon as i get her room set up then I can start working on the babys room. Hopefully this fall things will be settled in.
    ProudMama4ever

Answer by ProudMama4ever at 6:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am pregnant with my third baby. I am only 10 weeks. My oldest is almost 3 and after three babies in a cheap walmart crib (seriously we moved three times plus three boys) it pretty much feel apart! I had a miscarriage about 2 years ago and went mad and gave everything away! Soooo I have to get everything! Darn huh!!! lol. I already have bought a crib and playpen (used and really cheap) a few onesies, and am going to start the cloth diaper stash soon. But I am nuts. I wont need a whole lot this time and am planning on trying to make a lot of it if I can. After going through it so many times already I figure I can live without a ton of the crap that just sits after a month or so.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010