How does your school tell you what teacher your child will have?

In past years we got a letter in the mail from the teacher. Then the past couple of years they post the lists outside of the school a week or so before school starts. I think they post our lists on Aug 3rd this year and school starts on the 12th.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 3:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in

• They have future day. The day before the last day of school the kids go to the class they will be in. That goes on till they go to middle school. At that point they get their schedules at open house about five days before school starts. I don't know about high school. Not quite there yet.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The week before school starts, we have to go into the school to find out. they will give me a packet with his class supply list and a paper with his teacher's name. It is a very tedious process.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - We log onto the computer after 5pm the Friday before school starts (school starts on a Monday). That way the district/school offices are closed and they dont have to deal with all the uptight parents who have to hand pick their teacher. Honestly I dont blame them at all!

MIDDLE SCHOOL - The kids pick them up 20 min. before school starts on the first day. I think it is good for the kids. It makes them responsible for their education. If there is a problem with the schedule or class placement the child is responsible to talk to the counselors that morning. You know if they sent it home mommy and daddy would go fight the battle instead of teaching the kids to buck up and start owning their education.

HIGH SCHOOL - each grade goes on a separate day and talks to the counselors about where they are in their college prep and to make sure the schedule reflects what they need to take.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• His teacher sends us a hello letter a few days before registration,which this year is Aug 19th. We meet her in person then.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• They post th elist on the doors of the school and we have to drive up there to see what teacher he got! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• last year our school supposedly mailed us the teacher's name, but i didn't get it, and neither did my neighbor.
    last year was my first child's first year, and that was the only one that counts!
    his school is broken into quads, and i now know who his teachers will be until he is in the 5th grade. all the siblings will have the same teachers too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well, i don't find out who my son's teachers are till the day before school starts they call it "open house". we go there and get his schedule and any supply list that each teacher would like him to have so he can be ready for the first day of school especially with the schedule so he knows what period he has what plus at the open house, we will find all his classes, too.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010