Do you have carpeting, wood floors, or both?

What do you like more and why?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• hardwood floors and hate it... I feel like I am forever sweeping and mopping!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have wood, cork and bamboo flooring. I love it. All is easy to care for and much better for my health than carpeting. Sweep and mop and the mopping dries much more quickly than shampooing a carpet.

Carpet can hold in dust mites, pet dander and lord knows what else. I have been much healthier since the last of the carpeting when away a couple of years ago.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have berber carpet through the house, except for the foyer, which is hardwood, and the bathrooms are vinyl. I wish we had hardwoods throughout, but I do like my berber pretty well.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Both. I prefer the hardwood. It's easier to clean than the carpeting (it doesn't help that I have 3 kids running around on the carpeting either, LOL).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• we have wood, tile and carpeting. i would prefer to have all wood. even though it may seem harder to maintain, it is cleaner!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have wood floors throught out the house and area rugs in the living and dinning room. I like wood floors better it's easier to clean and maintain.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Hardwood floors, love them. The living room is the only place we have carpet.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have wood floors throughout. We prefer wood, which is why we put it throughout.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have carpet and tile floors. I hate them both for different reasons. I hate that carpet traps allergens and hides, well whatever it hides. I hate that the tile needs to be swept and mopped constantly because I can't stand to feel sand or debris under my feet.. Can't win here.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Carpet its just make a home more cozy
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010