9 month old with a attitude!!

My 9 month old daughter has such a attitude lately. If her older brother tries to play with her she grabs his hands and bites him. She will head but you. I dont know what to do she smacks everyone in the face when they are holding her. I am having another baby in 3 months and she is such a daddy's girl the new baby is a girl too i really dont know how this is going to work. What can i do to get her to stop being so violent with her brother and other kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's when my son started hitting, biting. when he hit, he got a smack on the hand. when he bit, he got a pop in the mouth. he has never hit or bit again. and no, at that age, it's NOT too young.
    Anonymous

• Well unfortunately you can't do too much punishing, just a gentle swat on the diaper should work... GENTLE though...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well im a firm beleiver in punishment, i only have one son and he is 7mos old but i helped raise my siblings they are 10 and 8 now and i spank them when i need to and my son knows what "no" means or alteas he understands my tone of voice means that mommy means business so start telling her no and because she is only 9 mos if it gets soo bad that you absolutely have to act then start tapping her lil hand while ur saying "no" she will soon learn "cause, and effect" .
    JBGmom

Answer by JBGmom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Girls tempers and attitudes are way worse then boys .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I disagree with the first post, never hit your child in the face. Considering you want he to stop hitting and biting I don't think even a pat on the behind is an option for this issue. Removing a child from the situation or putting her down will help her to get the message. Always make sure that she knows she is loved and that it is the biting and hitting that are not good. Avoid the word bad it is such a negative word which in the future could led to negative thoughts of her self. Here are a few articles I feel will help will deal with this normal behavior.

http://www.theparentreport.com/resources/ages/toddler/behavior/104.html

http://www.babycenter.com/0_aggression-how-to-deal-with-hitting-biting-and-more_11550.bc

JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 8:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008