This whole retaining water and swelling foot and leg is all new to me...so I have a somewhat srupid question,lol..but I really am curious to know your experience with this..

3rd pregnancy here. I've never had the swelling up before.
I AM going weekly to make sure I'm not deveopling Pre-eclampsia because I am experiencing some of the other symptoms too.

But heres one question that I know is stupid but I'm just curious,lol. When the swelling starts to go down..do you pee all that excess water out?
I'm wondering because, I really didn't drink that much fluids before I went to bed last night. And I had to get up 3 times to pee in the middle of the night...and I peed a lot..as if I had drank a full 8 oz glass of water each time.
My ankle does look less swollen today...is that why?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I only swelled after I gave birth, from all of the IV's. I sweat it out in my sleep and pee'd a lot. Even my ankles would be sweaty if I wore socks, and not like salty sweat, but like I spilled water, lol.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yes, and not a stupid question at all. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i sweated it out and i went to the bath room a lot!! i was so swelled up none of my shoes fit i ended up wearing flip flops or slippers the last month! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Most of it you will sweat out.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 3:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh yes, it happens!! I never had bad swelling until my 4th pregnancy and it was BAD! I gained 10lbs OVERNIGHT! It was really scary and kinda painfull, but yes when the swelling went own I was peeing like crazy LoL!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ooops I meant DOWN not own lol
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010