"Open" Marriage adult content

Whats your take on it? Your opinion? Is it corrupt? Is it something you would want to try? Is it someting you currently do?

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Could never do it and to those that do... that is NOT a marriage.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Jeeze, very personaly question. I am not comfortable with my man sleeping with someone else. i have a GF who had an open marriage... They recently got divoriced.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 3:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Nope never, scratch that HELL NO!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My DH's coworker is in an open marriage... apparently this gave the wife the idea that she can send nudie pics to my husband. We are NOT in an open marriage, and if I see her on the street she'd better either run or start begging my forgiveness.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Since the very definition of marriage is about one woman and one man for life, there can be no such thing as an "open" marriage. Why not just call it what it really is? It is really permission to commit adultery, and that is immorality. I think people who think it is okay have no understanding of the glories of belonging exclusively to one other person for a lifetime. My husband and I have been married for more than 45 years now, and we have a delightful time still learning about each other and beoming more and more one in every sense of the word. It has been such a blessed journey, and while it has not always been easy, neither one of us would have wanted to have made the trip with anyone else. The marriage relationship is cheapened when people talk about anything other than the real deal to be the same as what I know to be the most special of all earthly relationships.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Absolutely not.. I wouldn't want my SO sleeping with someone else.. so I could imagine he wouldn't want me to! Its gross!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• if its open its NOT a marraige. Why even get married. Its stupid and ridiculous if you ask me
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• "Open" Marriage is an oxymoron :) A marriage is between two people, not two people plus all the other random people they want to sleep with.

And no, it's not anything I'd ever want to try.
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 3:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Works fine in France.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 3:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would never try it and I would not judge anyone else as long as it was working for them. I like my man all to myself !!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010