Does the cervix dialate/thin sooner in second time moms?

I had my 36 week cervical check and to my disappointment there was no change. I was told by other second times Moms that theirs was thinning or dialating etc. What is the norm? I have a ton of painful braxton hicks so I thought something had to be happening but not yet. With my son I had no change at my 39 appt and then boom I went into labor a few days later. Is that common for the exact same thing to happen again? Does this mean she will be late? Anyone want to share their second time experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunatly there is no "norm" LOL! Every pregnancy is different.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My first I delivered at 36 weeks, LONG labor.
    My 2nd I went to 39 weeks, water broke at 8:30 pm, delivered at 4:30 am
    My 3rd, stayed at 5 cm, 60% effaced for over 5 weeks, had labor pains every night for 4 weeks, was on bed rest for 12 weeks, went in to actual labor at 9:30 pm, was 8 cm when I go to the hospital, dr broke my water at 4:30 am, deliverd at 4:45 am.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010