men's view on "friendship" and "sex" adult content

Do you think men view your personal friendship with them as something that can potentially be more? Do you think most of them view it this way? Basically, is the old saying true to some extent

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I think any relationship could become sexual under the right unique set of circumstances. That doesn't mean it is ever going to or that a man is going to make a play or expect it to happen. A little sexual chemistry never hurt anything though when those involved know the boundaries :)
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• how can we know men's view? we're women
    Anonymous

• While they might find me attractive (as some have said) they know the boundaries and wouldn't act upon them. There is nothing wrong with telling friends they are attractive...I've told my fiance's friends that they look good and vice versa. We are all just friends.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am not sure your question. If a guy knows I am married am I off limits to him. Oh heck no. Men cheat with married women all the time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My husband says "Men don't care if you're married, if you're their friend there is always a chance something more happening". Maybe that's why I'm not allowed to have any male friends :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If they think you are still available, that is your fault. You need to make it a bit more clear that you are a married woman, and you ain't interested in them. Period. End of sentence. If they hang around after you've told them that, then you will know that are drawn to your magnetic personality and think they can learn tons from just being in your company.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Basically, do you think your male friends CARE that you are married. Or do you think they still have it in their heads that, yeah, I can totally get her.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Ha!! My husband says the same thing. But then I tell him, "In all fairness, they were my friends for years before I met you." And hey, so what if they don't care we're married, I DO.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It was Chris Rock who put this so eloquently regarding guys and girls being friends...

You know what's the cool thing about women? Women get to have platonic friends. He's my pal, he's my bud, he's my platonic friend. I love him like a brother. he's my bud my platonic friend~~

Men don't have platonic friends okay? we just have women we haven't fucked yet. As soon as I figure this out, Im in there! I mean we got some platonic friends, we all do. I mean I got some platonic friends, but they are all by accident. Every platonic friend I got was some woman I was trying to fuck , I made a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the friend zone. Oh no, I'm in the friend zone! Women keep platonic friends forever. Why? Cos you never know! That's right.They came to the conference every six month , what happen to Pam? She thinks you cute! But they keep them platonic friends forever why? cos you never know. You know what a platonic
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Not always, but sometimes YES
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010