How do i get my 15 month old son to sleep through the night and not want to get in bed with me?

I will put him to bed in his crib then about 2 or 3am he will wake up then he will not go back to sleep until i put him beside me.

jellybeansmama

Asked by jellybeansmama at 4:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 20 month old still wakes up around 2am too. I just go in give him some kisses and lay him back down. It's a trial and error thing for me, somethings work sometimes and others don't. Sometimes a stuffy or blanket helps him, sometimes I have to rub his back for a while.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 4:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have a 13month old daughter who has been sleeping in her own crib since she was 9mths old it was hard because I felt bad that she would cry to come and sleep with me but I had to be tough because I know if I gave in she would know that just by crying she would get to sleep in the bed with me she cried every night or every other night and finally she got the hint that she was going to have to sleep in her bed wether she cried or not and I havent had a problem with her. but when she would get up and cry I would go in after awhile and lay her back down and tuck her in. Good Luck I know it is a hard thing to do so stay strong...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 4:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i am a cry it out mamma. I would honestly just let him cry it out. Or even maybe rock him to sleep or love on him for a little bit and then put him back in his crib. It usually only takes a week for a child to learn a new habbit like that. Good luck!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• but, soon he will...he isn't really Not going to sleep...ok..after getting the idea and clear expectation that this is how it goes. you are reclaiming your space~its a new thing~he gets to have his spot in his bed cause he grows best there. he gets his holding times in the am after we wake up.....soon you will sleep all night and not want holding until morning...let's start that idea now..want to? soon you will cause I really want to sleep all night~it is so great!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yea well with my son he just starts screaming when i dont get him out and i try to rub his back and everything but he wont lay down. He has a stuffy but he will throw it cause he just wants to get out and be with me. He will go right to sleep when he lays beside me. I don't know what to do.
    jellybeansmama

Comment by jellybeansmama (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010