how to get my son to look to the left

i have been haveing a problemhavring my son to loo to the left,he will only look to right and sleep on his right and he has a flat spot on his head from laying on that side all the time . how would i go about fixing this ?

aidensmom262

Asked by aidensmom262 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe after he falls asleep....rotate his head around.....how old is he?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Have you been able to rule out torticollis (a tightening of the muscles along one side of the neck )? My daughter had that when she was born and, as a result, always favored one side. We had her in for phsyical therapy where they did a lot of stretching of the tight side. We continued the exercises at home, along with plenty of tummy time. It helped, but it wasn't until she became more mobile that it really kind of all fell into place. See if your pedi will refer you to an orthopaedic for evaluation if you think this is something that he's dealing with. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• GO SEE A PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGIST! NOT NORMAL AT ALL!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Sorry didn't mean to yell. :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Put his head at the other end of the crib. Normally babies will look toward the open room and not the wall. My son did that too and his doctor advised me to do that. Said he just needs to learn how to use those muscles. It worked for me, although my son hadn't developed a flat spot from it.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• do you have a changing table? alternate which way you lay him, cause no matter how you lay him, he will focus on you. Our table is against the wall, so my bf and i set up a rule, we switch him every time, but if the other is not around to ask which was he was layed last, my time his head is at the left, and my boyfriend gets the right. After about a couple of weeks of doing this, he was all overthe place moving his head. Good luck with it.. as for the sleeping, my son goes down tummy first, and then when i go to bed, he gets rolled over, so both sides of his head get used.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my son is 4 months old and yes i've tried the moveing the head but then he wakes up in the middle off the night , should i try a baby head support ?his pediatric said we need to work on it but nothing so far has work is there a hat or something i can use ?
    aidensmom262

Answer by aidensmom262 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008