How to get rid of ants?

With a two year old, it is nearly impossible to keep the carpeted floors in our home clean all the time and with all of the flooding around here this year, we are starting to see small black ants in our home. Any ideas as to how to get rid of them? We sprayed a parimiter inside and outside with stuff from the store, but that was about a month ago and they are still here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i get an ant spray from ecosmart. it is cinnamon and rosemary oil. early in the spring home depot did not have it, but they do now. i would still limit where food is allowed in your home, and vacuum after each meal and snack. the ants near our house don't like healthy food, by the way!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I use the liquid ant baits and they were great. Can get them at the grocery store. Another thing I found worked well was a 50/50 mixture of Borax and sugar. The sugar attracts them and the Borax kills them. Sprinkle it around your foundation. You have to do again if it rains. If you can't find the Borax use Boric Acid the same way. You can get that at Home Depot. Call a few places and ask , if there is no Home Depot near by. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I pour pure bleach in a spray bottle and I use that and it works for me. I spray it around the outside of my door as well. Bleach is something I use to clean so I try it for insects too, I was told it would work, and it does.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010