I am 29 weeks today July 26th. I just found out my son is breech. I have a 3 year old daughter and never went through this with her. Just wanted to know what to expect.

baybeegurl272

Asked by baybeegurl272 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Calm down momma. You have plenty of time for baby to flip around. You can also ask if they can manipulate him to move when you are in labor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Most babies are breech at any given time especially when you still have 11 weeks to go! Why do doctors tell you these things? So you flip out more? I have had 5 and never had a doctor worry about head position unitl about 36 weeks.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My brother (middle child) was breach and so my mom did have to have a c-section. My youngest bro was fine and she had him vaginally even after Lane. My son was thought to be breach but he ended up turning, with a little help from his fam :-) and it when fine!
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 4:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am 32wks and my baby has been switching positions for the past 2months mr. dr said that their is still time for him to get in the head down position so I am just hoping the next time he goes head down that he stays that way
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 4:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm not flipping out just getting some answers. My husband is actually the one that is starting to be nervous about it. So I just wanted to see since I can't really find anything on the net. So thought mide as well join and see what people say. Not a bad thing to be concerned and know what I am getting into. Thanks good to know ladies. I appreciate it. I didn't think it was bad. I don't understand why doctor's tell you this stuff so early if their is still plenty of time to go.
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think that sometimes doctors forget that women are hormonal during pregnancy and that we aren't doctors and cannot rationalize the info they give us.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you have 11wks for that baby to flip around. Go back and smack your doctor for even having the nerve to mention it. It is not uncommon for babies to still be "right side up" at this stage.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it is not too early to investigate ways to help your baby flip. chiropractic adjustments can open the pelvis to allow more room for the baby to flip. there are other techniques you can try too, i just never had to check this out. i had homebirths, and my midwives were willing to deliver breech. many ob's and hospitals do not allow it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would not be concerned at all at this point. and just to ease your mind I had a friend who's baby was breach at 39 weeks. She went to the hospital where they attempted to turn the baby. It did not work so they opted for a c-section the next morning. When she went into the hospital right before they prepared her for surgery they did an ultrasound and the baby had flipped on his own. They induced her on the spot and she vaginally delivered a healthy baby boy!!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010