Did anyone else get a positive early result test but a negative digital?

I would really like to be pregnant and yesterday my husband and I definitely saw a line with the regular test. Today, though, I just took a digital test and it read "not pregnant". Ugh!

My boobs are killing me and I got a few zits last night. I'm really hoping the digitals are just less sensitive. Oh, if it makes a difference, the one I took yesterday was first thing in the morning, the digital was at 4pm today.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 4:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• False positive are practically impossible. You should make an appointment with your doctor to be sure, but I would definitely trust the first test ;) Congratulations!!
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 4:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You can get false negs, but you wont get a false positive...congrats!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't trust digital ones. They need more of the hormone to say "positive" and at least with the lines you can see a faint one like you did.

Congrats.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Thanks girls! I thought I had read that somewhere but I just needed to be reassured. I did get a blood test this afternoon because if I am pregnant, I need to know immediately since I had weight loss surgery 6 months ago. I need to get on the right amount of vitamins/supplements and know how to eat properly. But even the beta results take a few days and I really want to know ASAP. Does that make sense?
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Beta came back less than 2 and anything less than 5 is considered not pregnant. So I guess I did get a false positive after all. :-( Oh well, on to the next month!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010