Did you or do you plan to save the placenta from birth?

I personally think it's disgusting and REFUSED to let my SO do it with our son. But with his daughter he saved it and buried it under an apple tree. I will now NEVER eat one of those baby membrane apples.... eeeewwww.... lol.

So, not to judge...

But did anyone else save it? What is your take on saving it?

I know some people eat it or store it, etc.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't understand why people wouild want to save that, I agree! EEWW
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 4:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No I don't save them....but what other people do with theirs is none of my business. I have heard of people planting them with a tree, and I think that is a nice thing to do, but I wouldn't do it, because I plan on selling this house soon and then I would be leaving it behind anyway.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No I didn't, I think that's gross. A friend of mind wanted to do that.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had so much love and respect for my placenta. I couldn't just throw it in the trash. This organ is so amazing, how it protects and nourishes the baby all pregnancy. When I found out all the benefits if offered by ingesting it I had to try it. I encapsulated mine and took it as pills. The energy boost i got when taking them was amazing, not to mention it helps with milk production and ppd.

I think it's sad that our culture doesn't teach us to respect and fully use the placenta. It's such a waste.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010