I'm nursing....help please...!

My left boob is now like a Bcup and my right is D...its getting scary..and I try to nurse on both sides, but yes he does favor the right but I do try to switch him how can I produce more milk from left?! Also I put him on the left, but since there isn't much milk on there of course he wants the right ..i don't know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try starting him on the left and then when her switches to the right pump the left at the same time. so you are pumping and nursing at the same time. That may help.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Start with the left, let him drink it all (about 15min) then put him on the right. I made the mistake of using one side for one feeding and the other one for the next. Do both at one feeding. They should be able to drain the boob in 15 minutes.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Try to put him in a different position and see if you can trick him into thinking it is the other side. Try the football hold. Do you do bottles at all? If so try to pump and feed him from the bottle some.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Like others said, feed him on the left side FIRST. He will be hungriest then and will eat more from that side. After he is done, switch him to the right side. Once you start becoming more even, start alternating what side you start with.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• One of my twins would nurse only on the right side, and since he didn't nurse as well as his sister there was less demand on that side. I pumped more from the right side to even out the demand on both sides. If there is a big discrepancy it may take several days to even things out. Like the others have said I would also try to get him to nurse from the left side first, but it may take him a while to accept that and pumping the left side after he's done nursing will help even things out until he does get the hang of it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When I was having this problem I started every feeding on the smaller side for a few days then I started alternating again. After a week or so it seemed to get better.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010