What would you do? adult content

If your loved one was ill/had to undergo surgery, and it just so happened by the time you were almost ready to go on vacation, what would you do?

- Would you stay by the side of that special person, or

- would you wish him/her well and take off?

My ex-fiance actually chose to wish me well and took off for his vacation (which he didn't even tell me he had planned to go out of town) while i lost our baby due to premature labor. I spoke with the pastor at his church, who asked if the relationship could be restored...WTF ?????!!!!!! I felt as if my indignation was childish to him, as if i was making a big deal out of nothing, as if losing a baby was as trivial as losing a ten dollar bill somewhere on a street, as if it had been ok for the father of my child to leave me and go relax and have fun while i was in pain.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Move on without him.
    Sorry for your loss.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would stay by DH side. Why would you leave when your in a time of need? I think maybe he thought it was best to handle things alone?
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Wow. he wins the "asshole of the week"prize in my book! That was one of the meanest spirited things I've heard in a long time.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• II would stay by my loved ones side. So sorry for your loss.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The decent thing would be have been to try and rebook his vacation at another time. And be there for moral support for you since surgery is a big deal. I think it would of been kind of nice for him to stick around even if it meant postphoning a vacation. Anyway, sorry to hear of your loss. That is truly painful!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Wow, how heartless.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 4:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i'm so sorry for your loss,, I cannot imagine that he just left you in that condition and went to have fun!!

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That was pretty low for him to do. Just move on with your life without him. Anytime you start feeling bad about walking away from him, remember how much he cared about you and the baby. I'm so sorry you have to go though all of this...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i would have stayed.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd stay sorry he did that! That is awful and so selfish of him
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010