Have you ever taken your child's father to court for contempt, was it worth it, what was the outcome?

My son's father is continuously violating our parenting plan. And I just want him to stop and leave me alone. I have talked with a few people who say I should take him to court. I'm not sure about that, I think it will just add fuel to the fire for him. Any ideas on what else to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• yes it was worth it. He realized i wasn't going to tolerate his irresponsibility. Mine has to do time in jail for contempt. Now if he screws up it's a felony.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Not worth it, but then again depends on the situation. My ex would try taking me to court even if I was 10 mins late in dropping our child off to his house. MEN!!!!....so I would turn around and take him to court because he wouldn't drop her off on time. IDK...just a waste of time. Again it depends on the situation.
    Anonymous