Is it worth it to use a temp agency to find a job?

I have been looking for a job for about 6 months now and I cant seem to find anything yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say yes. If they place you in a temp to permanent position after your term with the temp agency they may offer you the job for good. Sometimes if your good enough then they will pay out your contract sooner than it will run out. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't know. I am going tomorrow to one. It probably can't hurt. In fact, that is how my mom got her job at a college. She temped there for 6 weeks and then they hired her for another position.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sure! It can be worth it. I went through a temp agency once and was placed at a very good office job and was offered a permanant position.
    My mom went through a temp agency a little over 10 years ago and was placed at a great job where she was hired on and she's still there full time and is making $20.00 an hour and they have great benefits and bonuses and she's really moved up with the company.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Several temp jobs last for years. So, I wouldn't rule it out!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you need a job and money, yes... definitely.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The ones I tried through were worthless. Depends on the agency I guess.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 5:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• In this market, you might not have the same results, but I found good work and two permanent jobs that way.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Or you could try a placement agency in your field--I got my job through a company that places legal professionals and I love it :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• To me its worth it. I actually worked for a temp agency for about 7 yrs. Loved it because i could work when I wanted to and if I needed time off I could.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I found my last job through a temp agency. It is a good way for a company to try you out for 90 days before making the commitment to hire you.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010