Do you think that there is ever a reason to hit a woman?

I have a cousin that saved up $10,000 for a down payment on a home. His wife decided to take all out of the money from the checking account and buy crack for her and her friends. They smoked it all up! When he found out, he grabbed and slapped her a couple of times and then sent her to a drug rehab! She is no longer on drugs.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If she hits like a man, sure she deserves to be hit like a man.

This wasn't a case where she should have gotten hit. Did she deserve it, yes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• no
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would think this would be a good reason!

Answer by older at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No, I doubt the slapping is what sobered her up. The slapping probably only made your cousin feel better.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If it's in self-defense. I've known of women who were bigger than their husbands, and they'd beat on the husbands, and the men didn't even defend themselves. I don't think a man should have to take abuse anymore than a woman should.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i think she deserved that. I also think that if a woman wants to fight like a man and hit on a man then she should expect to be hit back
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i think there are a couple times yes..... but it is kinda like is it ok for a woman to hit a man?

with that being said,,,,

a woman that puts herself in that situation and is doing stuff like that (crack) then yeah i would say so...

or if the woman is hitting the man... and he didnt hit her...he could..

make since?
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Totally. Women aren't some glass object to be revered or treated differently, we're people. If I do something that would get a man hit I expect to get hit myself. It's only fair. I don't believe in teaching anyone not to hit a person specifically because of their gender.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Hell I do some women need a good ass kicking... Honestly I would have sent her to jail and pressed charges I wouldn't have hit her.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• oh and 10,000 dollars worth of crack... i bet the lady didnt even feel the slap anyways haha jk jk
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010