I can't stop thinking about Christmas!

We're hosting all of our extended family, this year, for our first annual Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas. I'm SOOOOO excited about it. I've already got a loose outline of what we'll be doing morning, afternoon & evening for each day. I'm getting ready to start planning out meals for each of the days that we'll have visitors and I've started to make a layout of our house and who will sleep where.
We had a big turkey dinner yesterday to celebrate Christmas in July and it was a blast! It just made me even more excited for the real deal this year! =)
Is anyone else a holiday junkie and already planning? What are some of your family traditions? Any crafts, activities, etc. that you'd recommend? We're already planning on ringing the bell at a SA red kettle, baking cookies & my husband will read "Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve.
Thanks!

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 5:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• Christmas and Thanksgiving are my favorite times of year!! I love those Holidays.
    I have been thinking about Christmas since last Christmas. I would love to have it at my house, but it has been held at my MIL's house the last three years.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i'm excited about christmas. but also sad i wont be able to spend it with my family this year. just dh and i and our 2 kids. i'll be sending them lots of baked goods and probably some crafts that our dd made. and i'm learning to knit so probably some scarfs too. i love christmas!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That sounds like fun! We don't go all out like that though. I love Christmas too but I don't ever have the time or energy to do all that kind of stuff. LoL. We'll have a Christmas tree (of course) and probably bake cookies and stuff like that. But we always go to my moms house to open presents on Christmas morning and then she makes a big dinner and all of our family comes to her house. I've never been the "hostess" type. I am NOT good at planning out big get-togethers and things like that. LoL
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I LOVE Christmas! we have my in laws over for Christmas dinner and celebrating every year (1 week before Christmas) and I have been planning it! We celebrate Christmas starting the day after Thanksgiving (we put our tree up and other decorations!). My son (2 1/2) and I bake 1 kind of cookie or candy or fudge every day til Christmas...my daughter (she 10 m) will help this year too!
    We have LOTS of family and friends to visit and share the Holiday with but our favorite Christmas tradition is sitting on the floor in our living room in front of out lit Christmas tree (the only lights) and exchanging gifts with each other before Santa comes and fills up around our tree =o)

I Can't wait!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am so excited for Christmas :)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I can't stop thinking about fall! The leaves, the cooler weather, the smells of fall, Halloween! I can't wait! THEN, I'll get excited for Christmas, after I've had my fall fix. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would have to agree....I love christmas, the fall, and halloween. I love doing everything with my girls. They are 2 and 4 and they know what we do. From going to the pumpkin patch to pick apples and pumpkin, to cutting down our christmas tree and making cookies, to shopping. I try to do everything associated with the holidays with my girls (we do it as a family).
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• christmas it is so loving & warm always brings the family together closer
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010