At what age did you...

get your little one a toddler bed and have them sleep in it???

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 5:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Right before my son turned 2, we got him his toddler bed. We kept him in his crib, but had his toddler bed in his room as well. He was able to get used to the thought of his bed and take naps in there occasionally. He was fully comfortable with it right after he turned 2.
    starlette17

Answer by starlette17 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my dd is 20 months old and still sleeps in her crib and i dont intend on moving her to a toddler/twin bed until she trys to climb out of her crib
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i bought my son a bed the other day a toddler bed and its in his room but he dont sleep in it yet... he is only 17 months old
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• when she started crawling out of her crib.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• BTW my son is 15 months old almost 16 months so that is why I was wondering.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my son was 20 months old when he moved himself into a toddler bed. we would have waited until he was closer to 2 but someone gave us the bed!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son is 3, we have been co-sleeping since birth, he is moving to his toddler bed now...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We didn't get "specifically" a toddler bed; but we did get our son a single (extendable) bed when he was 4 years old. He didn't have any problems sleeping in it; because we set "ground rules" first. If he wants a bed-time story; he can cuddle with us-ONLY-if he returns to his bed afterwards. Sometimes he falls asleep in our bed; but we always return him to his bed, so he wakes up in his own space. We haven't had any problems, and it's almost been 2 years!

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 5:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I moved my oldest at 19 months, and I had a terrible time keeping her in it. I waited until 2 1/2 to move my twins, and the transition was very smooth.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my son was 14 months, when he started walking. dd didn't start walking till 19 month, and that's when she moved to a toddler bed.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010