what kind of maternity clothes..

im 7 weeks right now.. and im looking for maternity clothes i know i wont be showing for sometime, but im not sure if i will be big enough to wear maternity clothes in the summer time... or will it be winter time when i start showing??? or fall? so im not sure if i should get long sleeved tanks tops... short .. etc u know/? ANY HELP?

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you know what, i didnt even worry about it until the time came for me to get the clothes because JCPENNEYS started to know me. i bought clothes and returned sooo many i didnt even know how to get the clothes that would fit be so when i grew out thats when i would return and get something that would fit me. :-)

Answer by dichevygurl87 at 3:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I loved JCPenney for maternity clothes. Check out their clearance sales. I was always able to catch amazing deals. Tanktops are good, you can always wear them under sweaters later in the winter.

Answer by AKEllen at 4:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I would def. wait until you start showing. Remember that you are going to CONSTANTLY be hot. I dont know how cold it gets where you are, but I would think layers or a cute jacket that you can put over a short sleeve shirt. Sears had cute shirts and dresses. I loved Targets maternity. I dont know if you have a place like Ross, but they have great, cheap shirts that are adorable. It really depends on you how soon or late you will show. I was able to wear my regular clothes until I was about 6 months, then I just got a lot of babydoll style shirts. They were really useful and I could wear them after the baby. I didn't get my first pair of maternity pants/shorts until I was almost 7.5 months along!

Answer by trentntats at 10:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• THere is product being sold in maternity stores that allows you to wear your pants unbuttoned if you wear this around the top of your pants. I paid 17 for mine and found out that it is just a spandex halter. Go to one of the stores that young girls shop at like rave or wet seal and get a spandex halter for maybe 5-7 dollars so that you can wear your regular jeans a lil longer until you find some amternity clothes that you really like.

Answer by Queentdi at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Thanks guys :) all great answers!!

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I think I needed them around five months...that's when my biggest pants stopped fitting me. I'd go second hand personally, just b/c they are so expensive and you won't wear them too long. has a mom and dad for sale section, and lots of mamas sell really nice maternity clothes for cheap! Wish I had known when I was pregnant.

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2008