Did your husband have a Vasectomy?

Hubby and I were talking about us both getting fixed after this baby then decided were not done have kids. At least were going to what the future brings... Anyways is your man still able to release his semen? Lol I joked with my husband said," you will just blow air or little drops of nothing." he laughed and called me silly for thinking that. But it is just a thought so what happens if your man had it done? Not looking for what the procedure but after all is done.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 5:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes he did and to the naked eye,his ejaculate looks exactly the same. Its just missing sperm,the semen is still there.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• nope we are ttc, after 2 more he is gonna snip it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes my husband did and you can't tell it but no sperm is there looks the same then later I had a hysterectomy
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Mine had one. He still ejaculates the semen. It just has no sperm. The only difference is it isn't as white nor as thick.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yep, my hubby got the "big snip" as he called it -- nothing has changed, it looks just like as it did before. They just cut the tube that supplies the sperm, which is a small part of semen.
    Be prepared for your hubby to act like the biggest freakin' baby on the planet after he gets the procedure done, though. The literature they sent home with my hubby actually had a picture of a guy with his feet propped up and his wife bringing him a drink (they're supposed to rest so they don't tear anything).
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• This is still up in the air.. We always wanted 2 kids until we had our son - we still toss it up so nothing is final yet!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Only 5% of seminal fluid is made up of sperm. The rest of the material is food that keeps the sperm living long enough to reach the egg.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Mine had it done 11 years ago what we noticed is that his ejaculate is a stronger smell. He does have some pain in his balls still but we think this is more related to his fibro than the procedure. HOWEVER, I wish we wouldn't have done it because we have both wanted more kids even though we thought we were done at the time.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My husband had one nearly 18 years ago.

The man still produces ejaculate, and still ejaculates. The only missing component is the actual sperm. The tubes that deliver the sperm to mix in with other ejaculate fluidds is what is severed, and tied off .

Ejaculates .. yes.. Just minus his little swimmers.. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh he isn't getting it done we talked about it then decided against it cause we still want more kids atleast in the future.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010