6 month old feedings?

my son wants so badly to hold his food. i've tried a teething biscuit but he DOES have teeth and bites off chunks that he chokes on. What can i let him eat that he can hold and not bite chunks out of?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 5:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him soft little pieces of avocado, banana or sweet potato. He can pick up and chew the bites.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Maybe he is still a little too young for the biscuits. Sounds like he really want to be a big boy, huh. TOO CUTE!! Try the gerber puffs. They dissolve really easily. My son loved the banana flavor. Try breaking the puff in half for the first try. After he has mastered those, try giving him plain cheerios.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Gerber puffs are useless processed starch and sugar air imo.. give him soft foods as the first poster suggested. ripe pear and butternut squash and soft steamed carrots are nice too. healthier and cheaper,
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Give him soft foods cut into small pieces. Cooked apple or pear, carrots, avocado, squash, or peas should all be fine. Just make sure that the pieces are soft enough so he doesn't choke.
    KITTYCAT1

Answer by KITTYCAT1 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son is the same exact way. He doesn't have protruding teeth yet but he is working on them however he is teething so bad it takes him nothing to bite off chunks of the teething biscuits with his gums. One thing I found to be great is rolls. Like dinner rolls that you can get with dinner at Golden Coral. They just turn to mush in his mouth! Let me know if you find anything else! Good Luck!
    vampiremommy1

Answer by vampiremommy1 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh also! There is this thing you can buy from walmart that has like a little net type thing that doesn't let big chunks get through, you can put fresh fruit it it and he can hold on to it himself with the ring on it and chomp on it until all of the fruit is gone. My little guy loves green grapes!
    vampiremommy1

Answer by vampiremommy1 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010