hypothetically...

If you had to choose between eating solely from a food bank and never having birthday present or Christmas money again and live in your house with the awesome school that you Autistic child loves or move to an apartment in a neighborhood with a not as good school what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would go with the better school.Long term..its a better situation.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'd choose independence. As a parent, it's my job to provide for my child and also to supplement her education.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• not having an Autistic child I would say move I'd rather know I could buy food weekly and not need to depend on a food bank.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would probably do what it takes to keep my child happy
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• whatever provided the kid with the best education - esp with the special needs going on - whatever that meant... i could live with anything for awhile.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would stay where in the house with the best school. Get a second job or go back to school. In the meantime, apply for food stamps. There is also places to get commodities,and help with bills.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Stay where my autistic kids thrive. Apply for food stamps and SSI and get my child on the medicaid waiver programs. Possibly move to an apartment in the same area so my kids could go to the better school. There's always a middle ground somewhere.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010