Does anyone agree with Biden about not being patriotic and paying more taxes if you make more than $250K?

Should people who make more than $250K pay more because it is their patriotic duty to this country like Biden suggested? On a side note...records show that Biden and his wife donated about $369 per year to charity over the last decade despite an average income of $245K. Where is Biden's concern for the downtrodden when he has only mustered a dollar a day himself for charity?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I just gald you can make 250,000 a year Most american will never see it..I can careless who give what to charites I dont keep up with the jones dont have the money to do it on my 35,000 a year I would love to make this and I would pay more taxes if I had this each year..
    I myself would like to see a certian per cent like 10 precent a cross the board for everone no matter how much they make but again I not congress that makes these laws.. No on this plain I dont think either plain McCains or Obamas tax plain will get passed have you seen how much america owes?? Just beleive me they will go up on me too..

• 1) Giving to charity is not the same as paying taxes
    2) I don't think that "patriotic" should be used here. The more you make, the higher your taxes are. I think that was a bad word choice on his part.
    3) I haven't looked into his tax records, so I don't know what he did and didn't give to charity.

I think it was a shitty choice of words, but I still agree that the more you make, the more you should pay.

Answer by hannah_belle at 8:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It is very, VERY easy for a politican to talk in "sound-bites". He can "support" things like this all he wants, talk about it every time he's in front of a camera but it won't ever come up for a vote and pass - and he knows it. That's why it's so safe to talk about. It's just talk.

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with hannah_belle

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The American Heritage definition of patriotic is "Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country." So, yes, paying taxes is patriotic.

• records show that Biden and his wife donated about $369 per year to charity over the last decade
    I would love to see those "records".....

Answer by ny.chica at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i think they r full of crap!

Answer by momof319812007 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008