Do you expect special treatment when you go on vacation?

We have a group come in every year here in town,EAA,its rich people and their airplane hobby. They take over when they come. Some act like they own the place and expect EVERYONE to kiss their asses! I worked in 2 places that dealt with them directly and it got ridiculous what they expected! I worked at a deli and they came in expecting me to chop TWELVE POUNDS of vegetables for them for free! They bitched that we had to close at 9 o'clock and threatened to get us fired over not doing things that were not policy. I left work one night in tears! I've never gone somewhere and treated folks like these people do.I got mad at one guy and told him I got paid the same amount for waiting on him as I did for someone who was here yearround when he shoved an elderly lady out of the way and told her he was our guest and should be treated as such!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, absolutely not. The restaurant I serve at is across the parking lot from a hotel, so I've seen the behavior your speaking of.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't expect "special treatment " from anyone, anywhere.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• IF I'm paying to be treated special. If I'm paying to be in a place that cost me a bundle because of the treatment I am to receive.. (special resorts, spas, that sort of thing). Yes.

If I'm not in one of those situations. Nope.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That is ridiculous! The only special treatment I expect on vacation is from my husband. You have every right to be pissed off! No one has the right to act like that. No matter how much money they have to throw around.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• What did the owner think of that behavior? Entitled people like that make me ill.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Oh the owner kissed up to them and tried to talk us into staying HOURS past our closing time and not get paid overtime. Whatever they asked,he wanted us to do.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I will put it this way; I was at the beach last week with my son, my grand daughter, and my son's girlfriend. We went to a nice restaurant and ate. We were kind to the wait staff, said please and thank you, and complimented the meal. Our waitress gave us a very decadent piece of chocolate cake on her. No, I don't expect anything except people to do their best, give me a good product/service for the money I spend, and treat me with the respect I treat them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I only expect it IF I pay "all inclusive". Meaning I paid extra to be pampered and to never carry a wallet or purse, just sign my name or show my room key to get whatever I need. I expect more in first class or ambassador class when flying.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If your boss is asking you to work and not paying you... that is on the your boss - NOT on the customer.

If I ask a business owner for a service, I expect that service.... Im paying for it. I would expect that owner to treat his/her employees properly. If I knew the employees were not getting treated properly I would take my business else where.  But yes... when I pay for a service I expect service.  However, I would not push an elderly person out of the way... I would wait my turn.

BTW... Im also a good tipper.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010