Why do people that are living off the government keep having children?

Maybe free health care for them will allow them to be able to get birth control?

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• It's called "sense of entitlement" and it's spreading faster than yesterday's gossip.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Some of them may feel stuck and feel like children is one thing they have access to when so many other things they might not. Some may need the extra aid another child brings. Others are not on birth control because they are poor and don't go to clinics to get free condoms etc but still continue to have sex. I am not saying any of the reasons are right, but those are the experiences I have read when studying mothers on welfare when I was in school.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• the more kids you have, the more benefits and money you get
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Wow, we are on government assistance but it is BECAUSE I am pregnant. See I end up with pregnancies so harsh that I end up either stuck in my own bed or stuck in a hospital bed. For this reason, I had to quit my job. And FYI, I am on my second and LAST pregnancy. One high risk, okay it may not happen again. Two high risk, yeah not even going to chance it again.

Just because someone is on public assistance does not mean that they fit the stereo type that you have pictured.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• oh good, another drama post.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Because they want to
    guess_who_wit_6

Answer by guess_who_wit_6 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• because some day one of those kids is going to make a big difference in this world!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 6:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't what difference it makes as long as they're happy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• "I don't what difference it makes as long as they're happy. "

The difference is more people out there not pulling their own weight. There are several reasons people need assistance, some choose to make it their lifestyle and that is what pisses me off.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree that yes sex is free entertainment and brings pleasure in a life that might not have much. I do think free birth control will help!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010