How long do you leave hair color on?

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I leave mine on for about 45 minutes to an hour because my hair is hard to penetrate, though the packages says 20-30 minutes. I wouldnt leave dye on your hair any longer than an hour though.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 8:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I leave mine on probably around 45 minutes, depending on the hair color. If my hair was blonde and I wanna go back to a brunette then I leave it on longer..if i'm just dying it blonde when my hair is blonde to lighten it up i'll just use the minutes it says to on the instructions.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Definitely go with the instructions on the box. If you are dealing with a little gray then I would go with the longest amount that it says to do. Usually it will give you 2 different times to leave on hair so I would go the longest time for gray, long or thick hair. Hope this helps you & have fun with your new hair color! I love to color mine too!!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Read the package. I am a stylist and the color I work with times for 30-45 minutes depending on the amount of gray or levels it needs to be lifted.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 2:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2008