Do you feel guilty about buying yourself things?

Do you buy yourself special things or even frivolous things and end up feeling guilty? does your significant other add to these feelings or tell you to spoil yourself a bit?

LandisLady

Asked by LandisLady at 6:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• No regets. I stay in budget and I deserve my stuff!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yes i feel guilty. specially when the next week we are broke. ugggg but no my SO does not make me feel bad at all. we are both the same way. but my daughter gets EVERYTHING!! I SPARE NOTHING FOR HER.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i felt bad about buying myself new underwear when i really needed them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i never buy anything for myself... i wear torn/worn out clothes because i just can't bring myself to buy clothes for myself when i'd rather spend it on stuff for the kids or the house :-/ my hubby does try to spoil me but we don't have much money anyways, he doesn't buy stuff for himself either though, every little bit extra we have usually goes for the kids :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Depends how much I spend.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• with my dh looking over my shoulder and answering for me...heehee...''no'', ''yes, but no'', and ''no-never, and yes, i do''. LOL! he then said, ''we don't spend frivolously. we buy what we need, and what we want, and we have almost no credit-card debt. so..when ya going shopping again, honey??"

he answered the same as i would've. it is what it is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No , I am a spoiled brat by right lol i have 10 brothers so being the only girl has it's clout lol Even my daughters are spoiled .. They have 25 cousins ( my nephews) yes thats right i have 25 nephews no nieces.. So counting my 2 girls there are just 3 of us and we love to shop we shop for ourselves and we share with others too. We donate a lot .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• nope. because A) i take care of making sure the bills are paid on time. B) I make sure my kids have everything they need before i even think of myself or dh C) I make sure that if the car needs something done, i.e. an oil change, it gets done. D) I make sure if we NEED something for the house, we get it and E) DH and i talk it over if i want something. we do the same thing if he wants something. if it's not too much, then we don't have to talk about it. i always look for things on sale, if i find something cheap i'll get it, then tell him. I know how much is in the account, and keep him updated, so he knows as well as i, if we can afford to spend a little here or there or not.

so no, no regrets. although i do have a habit of those days i do get to go out and get something for myself, i always find something for the kids or dh as well lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Nope.

I never feel guilty for buying myself things. Frivolous or not.. I do not feel guilty when I buy my son something (frivolous or not), and I don't ever feel guilty for buying my husband something (frivolous or not).. So why would I feel guilty for buying myself something, is my way of thinking.

No, my husband never ever makes me feel bad or guilty for buying myself anything. No matter how much I actually need it, or how frivolous it really is. He believes/feels that my needs and wants are just as important and matter just as much as anyone else's in this family. And that as long as the bills are paid, a roof over our head, and food is in our cupboards/fridge, then why not treat myself when I want or feel the need to. He feels that I deserve things just as much as anyone else.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't shop for myself enough to feel guilty about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010