Potty training tips?

I bought him pull ups and a frog potty. I can't go straight the underwear bc I live with my mom and she'll flip out if he pees on the floor. He was 2 in April.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 6:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the pull ups feel just like diapers, which is why they don't typically work. here's an idea. after i got my son in underwear, and going in the potty at home, i still had to get him trained to go while we were out. so i put him in underwear, but put a pull up OVER the underwear. this way he would still be able to feel that he was wet, but catch it so i didn't have to carry 50 pairs of clothes with me lol. it worked though. oh and the "wet feeling" pull ups are a joke. my son peed in them all the time (before potty training he was out of diapers, there was no size 7 lol) and could care less, if he even felt it at all.

maybe you can put a pull up over the underwear while potty training, that will avoid peeing on the furniture/floor. GL, i hope that works for you if you decide to try it :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you introduced him already? as in, put him on there every now and then? do that for a bit, then start cracking down. i don't see how you're going to do it with your mom freaking out...part of potty training is accidents, and having the resolve glued to your hand...tell your mom to do it lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yeah he's had the potty for a couple of weeks and he has peed in it a couple of times before bath. And I just started the pull ups today. I'm hoping he won't have accidents that are too much for the pull up. Then once he's not going in the pull up we'll switch to underwear.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That's an awesome idea! Thanks!
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• There are cute books about using the potty you can read to him too. Just one more idea..........GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well my idea is out...

nakked butt time!

works like a charm.

we live in a rural area, i would let my son pee outside on a tree.

look up cloth trainers.
    with pull ups, they don't learn that they are wet.

other than that, when you change his diaper, take him in the bathroom and let him sit on the potty.
    when you go to the bathroom, take him and let him sit on the potty.
    randomly, take him in there and let him sit on the potty.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Just get cloth training pants and a reusable cover, don't waste your money on pullups.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010