when to start bc pills?

my dr gave me a perscription a couple of months ago and i forgot when she said to start..is it after your cycle ends? i'm only wanting to take them because i've been having irregular bleeding and this cycle has been very long and clotty ...i'm gonna try taking them for a couple of months and then stop to see if we can conceive. Do you think this is worth a try? Any helpful advice would be nice. thanks.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ask your doctors all doctors are diffent my doctor I had a while ago told me to start the pill the sunday after I start my period. But the OB I have now told me to start the like I went to him I think on a wednesday and he told me to start tthe pill on that Sunday
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Docs are different on this...so the best thing would be for you to call your doc.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• MOST bc pills you start the first day after you stop bleeding, there should be three weeks of regular pills and one week of sugar pills, that would be the week you would have your period. Again thats MOST bc pills but not all.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 6:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i can't take the pills, they make me sick. i have this thing they stick up inside you, it's better than the pills. my hubby calls it the five year plan. i have two more years to go. i haven't had any problems.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well i'm only wanting to take them to try to have a baby. just to regulate the bleeding so i can predict my ovulation better..i know it sounds crazy. maybe i should just try opk's first..idk
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No!! Dont take the pill to regulate your cycle if you are trying to get pregnant. It messes with your ovulation. Start using the ovulation predictor kits to figure out when you are ovulationg. If you take the pill and put your horomones thru that and then in a few months stop taking the pill, you body will be all messed up. Talk to your Doc and tell the doc you are wanting to get pregnant, see what else you can do to improve your chances.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• my doc knows this and is the one who suggested it
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010