need some advice

so me my husband and my two kids live with his mother and newly back together (after 20 years apart) daddy.....she is usually a huge help with the kids but since she got back together with her ex husband she is no help at all and pretty much ignores the kids if they arent right in her face....they throw my 18 month old son in his room and shut the door when he is crying cuz they dont want to deal with him...she is just really annoying me....we are building a house and should be in it by nov but she has postponed the building because her boyfriend\exhusband dont want to help pay for anything...what should i do about everything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, first let me say that's wrong what that are doing to your 18mth old! No matter how loud, annoying, trying or anything they don't deserve to be treated like that. Secondly I'm not sure where you could go for help, maybe try a nearby church or try reaching out to community workers like Social Services or something. Tell them you cannot live there anymore because you are scared your children are at risk. Make somebody listen to you! Your children depend on you to do the right thing. Good luck hon.
    Jessybear87

Answer by Jessybear87 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• im confused. is she babysitting? you should not ever expect that someone is going to do the work of mom. you are mom. and why should he pay for your house? i dont really understand what your asking?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm not real sure if there is any advice I can give..

Maybe a different perspective. Maybe She's focusing on her relationship. And that maybe where she feels her focus should be now. She maybe feeling that this is her second chance, and she wants to make the best of it. Maybe she was so helpful with the children when she had nothing else to focus on, now she has something else to focus on. Maybe she is feeling that they aren't her children, and she has other things she would rather do now than take care of them. No one will really know but her. So If I were you. I would flat out ask her what 's going on.

I don't really understand what she has to do with you and your husband building a new home. Was the original intention that you all live there together or something like that?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• have you went to the local housing department? they help with getting you into a temp place or it can turn perm. thats all i can think of. or do you have anyother family members?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• YOU are building a house but it is postponed because THEY dont want to pay for anything?

If I understand you correctly.... you are living at HER house, while THEY build you a house, and she isnt helping you with the kids???

To dang bad.  If you are living off her dime you have NO room to complain... smile and be thankful

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010